Why did MAS sign-up for science-based targets? What are their challenges? What kind of support is needed from brands and retailers?
This is a short message from Crispin Argento, Co-founder and MD of Sourcery, about a fundraiser they’re doing to support Pakistani cotton growers adversely impacted by current flooding.
080. Manufactured x Transformers Foundation: The Higg Data Debate Part 2 – Re-Imagining Consumers as Conversation Changers
Will empowering consumers to shop differently really drive fashion’s transformation?
079. Manufactured x Transformers Foundation: The Higg Data Debate – No Room For Context, Imagination, or Co-Creation
I’ve been thinking a lot about the controversy surrounding the Higg Material Sustainability Index. It’s taken me some time to put together my thoughts, and I’m not sure I’m totally there yet. But here it goes…
078. Manufactured x Asia Garment Hub: Wellbeing – Do Social Compliance Audits Make Factories Better Places to Work?
What do two manufacturers, one brand, and one ex-social compliance auditor think: do social compliance audits make factories better places to work? What’s the intention behind social audits? Are audits about assurance? Or should they be a tool for collaboration and conversation? Or both?
Is visibility a sensible way of approaching wellbeing in fashion supply chains? Is the fact that subcontractors are invisible really what causes adverse human rights outcomes? Or are adverse human rights outcomes in fashion supply chains a symptom of how we distribute financial risk?
We can’t talk about wellbeing on the production floor without also talking about factory management. What drives the behavior of factory management? What are their incentives? And how does this translate on the production floor?
075. Manufactured x Asia Garment Hub: Wellbeing – Dr. Divya Jyoti & Dr. Achyuta Adhvaryu Debate Definitions & Metrics
Dr. Divya Jyoti and Dr. Achyuta Adhvaryu debate: how should worker wellbeing be defined and measured?
074. Manufactured x Transformers Foundation: Marzia Lanfranchi & Elizabeth Cline on Misinformation, Cotton, and the Need for Nuanced Stories (Part 2)
This is part two of a conversation with Marzia Lanfranchi and Elizabeth Cline, co-authors of the new report: Cotton: A Case Study in Misinformation. The chat is co-hosted by Sarah Mock.